Saturday, August 27, 2011

To Chipping Campden And Beyond...

It was a earlyish start. I say earlyish because in weekday terms it wasn't early at all but on BHT it was - that's Bank Holiday Time. I met Pat over at Winchcombe and we drove to Chipping Campden to start our run. And a very pleasant run it was. We weren't running on the limit but we had a decent enough pace going. I know the section to Stanway House pretty well and we stuck to the task. From there it was over to Pat to guide us across to Winchcombe and we got there without issue. In all we covered a respectable, if not remarkable, 19 miles with a very gentle 2,300 feet of ascent in bob on 3 hours - and that included more than several minutes of stoppage.

All in all I'm very pleased with that. Although not the fastest, it felt really easy. Despite the recent training dip I feel I've managed to retain much of my fitness. Today's run does nothing to make me fear otherwise. The only slight dissappointment was the kamikaze wasp that, for no reason, stung me on the leg - so I ripped out its sting and stamped on the little bastard...

Not sure what's in store for the rest of the bank holiday but you can probably bank on a bit of baking and hopefully a bit more running. Finishing off today's workout with half an hour on the bike...

Today's route:-

No comments:

Post a Comment