Sunday, October 05, 2008

Rambling run

I was a bit put off by the rain today - in truth I wasn't going to run at all but my conscience kicked in later in the afternoon once the sun came out and she shamed me into going for a run. Even then I was only planning a short leg stretcher but in the end it turned into an hours easy run.

I took a quick look at the map and instilled a vague route in my mind but within ten minutes it was even more vague. I ended up losing track of the public footpath I was trying to navigate and then, once emerging from the fields - having dodged the farmers with their shotguns - I decided to run on the road and follow the next footpath I came across and so on and so forth. Eventually, an hour after I'd set off, I made it home. All in all it was a very enjoyable little run - I'm glad my consicence kicked in.

No comments:

Post a Comment