Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Low Key Training

Been a very low key couple of weeks training. I've not been enjoying the heat plus work and other bits and bobs has meant training has been intermittent. I've missed a couple of sessions here and there but I guess that's just how it goes some times. Maybe it's no bad thing to have a quieter spell but I'd like to get a few solid weeks of training to rebalance things.

This week is picking up though, with tonight's solid virtual time trial on Zwift. It wasn't meant to be a time trial but it quickly went there and before I knew it, I was at threshold for a 30 minute steady state ride. Yesterday's 9k run was sluggish. When I set off it felt cool but I soon realised that was a false impression as ten minutes in I was sweating like a vicar in a brothel - or should that be, sweating like a priest in a kindergarten? Moving swiftly on, Monday was a solid hill climb on Zwift. Due another run tomorrow. Hopefully intervals but we'll see what tomorrow brings. 

On the plus side of the slight dip in training consistency, I'm still managing to squeeze in about an hour of piano practice per day. I feel I'm making good progress as an older beginner.


No comments:

Post a Comment