Sunday, September 03, 2023

Another Year, Another Fan Brycheiniog

Yes, it was that time of year again (yesterday) where I marshal the summit for the fell race of the same name. Maybe next year I'll find a stand in for my marshalling spot so I can take a crack at the race itself. I don't mind the marshalling though as it's a good training. I 'time trialled' it both up to the summit and back down again to compare my times a year on. 19 minutes quicker up and 17 minutes quicker down. I'll take that. My legs do feel a bit sore today, hence a gentle bike session but it's a vast improvement from last year, where I was on light training duties for three weeks in the aftermath.

Other than the marshalling, it's been a typical week of training. The bike reps have slipped a bit over the last few weeks, so I need to plan in a few structured work outs to continue improvement there. It's also time for another parkrun next weekend to keep that momentum going and I really need to pencil in another race or two but overall, I'm pleased how things are going.

No comments:

Post a Comment