Tuesday, June 21, 2022

And They Were Feeling Fresher Today...

The legs, that is. Yesterday's recovery walk did the trick and that led to today's session with my longest intervals to date. Nine 600's off a 200m recovery. I felt pretty good and at no point did my calves feel tight - which is another first of late. The pace is still not great, but it was my longest session distance to date.

Never has the philosopher Joni Mitchell's proverb, "you don't know what you've got till it's gone" felt more profound. For the first time in probably ten years have I really found the motivation to return. I've had many false starts during that time, where I wanted to get fitter without really feeling the same desire that I had twenty years ago, when it all began.

I can't yet predict when I'm going to be ready to stand on that start line, but never will it feel more satisfying when I do...



No comments:

Post a Comment