Sunday, June 13, 2021

Just About Made It Back from the Hills...

With the forecast showing scorchio, I headed out early - and I'm thankful I did. I was out on the hill awhile and by the time I was heading back down it was getting crispy out there but I'm getting ahead of things.

I set the MapRun app going and headed to the start. With a beep I was off. Five minutes later I was puffing like a right old bastard. It was a steep start. Then another five minutes later and I was getting confused by the difference of the way markings as compared to the map. All turned out right in the end and eventually I made it onto the hill proper and from there the navigation was more to my liking.

Not gonna lie, it was hard going. The up was a slog but thankfully I was accurate with the nav and didn't waste any energy dillying - I wasted a shit tonne dallying mind, my legs didn't have the power nor my lungs the puff. I was bloody knackered by the time I got to the top ridge. Thankfully, that was all the ascent done and dusted and from there I was able to enjoy the views as I ploddled along - another good made-up word there!

As I neared the finish, I met a few fellow MapRunners heading out. Definitely glad I started early as it was going to be crispy for those poor souls. All in all, a grand morning out...

No comments:

Post a Comment