Saturday, June 08, 2019

Really Enjoyed That

Another day, another virtual race - and I really went for it today. 24k on the Giro d'Italia prologue time trial course. Up, down and back up again and I really threw down the power. I went into the anaerobic reserves early in race, on the first traverse of the 'up' (middle chart on the graphic). I don't think I've ever gone so far into the red but I just kept cranking it out - I was very almost into the 'cheat' zone as I registered 3.2W/kg average, which is top of the C category. I'm on the verge of having to up category to the B. And to re-iterate that, I took the #ZwiftPower category win! (Only a tiny field mind, but my highest average to date). 52 minutes of effort that seemed to pass in the blink of an eye.

I finished off with another 2000m row - and took a season best (by 2s) to top off a good days training. The tiredness seems to have gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment