Thursday, October 11, 2018

My Legs Hurt

So it's a rest day as my legs hurt and I feel tired. Not even a gentle Zwift could tempt me tonight. So it's full on feet up, laze on the sofa.

Looking towards the goal, the OMM, it's under three weeks to go and I'm glad I got roped in. The running may have taken a bit of a back seat to the mountain training but I'm feeling pretty good about things. Without the goal of the OMM I think I'd be getting a little faster but no where near mountain fit. Back in June I didn't think I'd be up to 'running' 20+km in the mountains this year and now I feel I'm ready to take on the OMM - although I fully expect to cursing Mr Blackmore come Sunday 28th October and vowing 'never again'....

Anyway, tonight I've been checking my kit. Happy to report it's mostly all in order but I need to get the altimeter working. Nothing a new battery and replacement strap won't fix. I've a mind to risk the strap but it is kind of hanging by a few threads so I guess I better play it safe...


Plus I'm finally going to get a chance to test my 'muncher' - oooh matron, ssshhh, no, stop it. The 'muncher', a titanium spork that I forked out a fortune for on Kickstarter - what was I thinking!! (but did you see what I did there?). It has a mass of just 17 grams, is a knife, a fork, a spoon, a tin opener - not that I'll be taking any tins on the OMM - a bottle opener - likewise - a peeler, fire striker, cord cutter, pry-bar - for really weak things that need to be pried - and a flat head screwdriver plus it looks pretty cool....
So that's the kit checked and the fitness level just about there. Bring on the OMM...

No comments:

Post a Comment