Sunday, October 04, 2015

Finally Found The Source Of The Pressure Drop...

I've been seeing the water pressure in the boiler drop for a month or so but haven't been able - until now - to find where it was leaking. Turns out it was due to a rusty expansion tank. And on finding said rusty bit it gave way as I examined it causing much water to p!$$ out all over the floor. Luckily I had a voluminous receptacle within reach as I stuck my finger into the hole - like the little boy and the dyke - ooh, er matron. Total disaster was avoided but I have a feeling things might start to get expensive. What else might be reaching end of life within the dark depths of the boiler? Hopefully I can get away with just replacing the expansion tank. Fingers crossed.

On a lighter note, I managed to get over to Trellech and I think - touch wood - that I'm within touching distance of everything being sorted...

No comments:

Post a Comment