Sunday, May 17, 2015

And Relax...

Flipping heck, I'm knackered even though I didn't exactly clock up significant mileage - except for the drive there and back in the van. It was a good mini break though. The weather wasn't brilliant but it's always considered a win if you get home dry. The tops were in the mist both days and the winds strong and cold. During the occasional lull it was actually quite pleasant. Hopefully I can get back up there later in the year and get some proper sunny views.

Yesterday I ran a loop of the carneddau. It almost got competitive when I espied a runner in the far distance while heading off Llewelyn towards Dafydd and eventually Pen yr Ole Wen. I closed much of the distance down. It was nice finishing down off Pen yr Ole Wen directly back to the van without a slog along the flat.

Today I attempted to traverse Tryfan by the Heather Terrace. I say attempted as I didn't locate it directly from the start. I took a good look at it from the ground yesterday afternoon but still getting onto it alluded me. After some faffing along a much higher track and it's many scrambles past gullies I eventually spotted the proper path. After a ten metre climb down the going became much easier but my legs were shot after yesterday's effort so I ended up doing a shorter loop than I had intended. Definitely need to get over to the Brecons between now and July at ever opportunity otherwise Neil is going to be own his own running the Pillar Class...

No comments:

Post a Comment