Saturday, April 04, 2015

Sugary Goal Met..

I made it round the spring route Sugar Loaf fell race inside 70 minutes. I'm happy with that considering how crap I am at the moment and it was good to see 120 runners on the start line.

I set of middle of the pack - probably nearer the back than the front - but at least that gave me a few targets through the race. I'd forgotten how long and steady the first climb up to Deri is. At first up the road and then onto the hill. I'd also forgotten how long the drag across the Deri is, as well. I picked up a few places.

I was feeling knackered on the final accent of Sugar Loaf but was buoyed knowing I had the fast, technical descent to come. All downhill and I enjoyed that bit. I gained another four or five places before hitting the road where I steadied to avoid too much stomping and that was that. Sugar Loaf complete.

Next up is sweeping at the Gilwern Grunt on Monday (and doing a route check before hand for some extra mileage).

No comments:

Post a Comment