Saturday, November 08, 2014

Back On With The Waders

I decided to abort my plan for a long run - yes, I was put off just a tad by the nastiness of the pouring rain. Of more concern though, was the ever rising water level. I determined I might need to don the waders and keep the brook clear. Turns out I was right and by midday I was thigh deep in the waters, clearing handful after handful of debris. Then as the rain started to abate, the wash from the field hit, forcing me to roll out the first of the seasons sandbags.

Managed to get out for an abridged run in the afternoon. The sun even made an appearance. Tomorrow looks better so I should get a proper run in, without the fear of what damage the rain might cause. Going to have to give some serious thought to designing and building a partial defence bund/wall...

An inch of water and rising...

A biggg puddle...

The run off from the field building up...

 Time to deploy the sandbags...

A four inch deep puddle in the field...
The other side of the fence
is a four inch deep puddle that is the back garden...

No comments:

Post a Comment