Monday, December 23, 2013

Neighbours, Everybody Needs Good Neighbours

Thanks to their quick action I'm not looking at mopping out the ground floor. The water was lapping at the door quite literally. Me thinks a thank you bake is in order... and I think I'll leave the sand bags in place tonight.

Having kept the water just at bay I donned my waders and waded into the brook - well that's what they're for. There were quite a few blockages up stream of the main drain. That was forcing the waters out into the field and at the houses from a different direction to normal, with nowhere to go. The level is now a good half a metre lower up stream which should keep the waters at bay overnight. I'm going take an emergency day off tomorrow to get back in the brook and continue the clear out.

Once again I can't thank the fast actions of my neighbours enough, averting disaster and saving me from a very unwanted birthday present.

No comments:

Post a Comment