Sunday, October 20, 2013

Well That Was Hard Work

Who'd have thought that today's orienteering would be so energy sapping. I only made one smallish mistake, losing maybe four minutes but other than I got the nav spot on - or about as spot on as my current level of technique allows. I was planning the route ahead as I ran, aiming off and even attempting to count my steps for the first time. The step counting worked really well. I'm well on course to be 'alright' at orienteering with another three years of training...

Despite the nav going so well I still took bloody ages! With the official route for the brown course rated at 10.3k, I reckon I ran closer to 12k+ by opting for a few sections of path running where there were quicker, more direct options directly through the woodland. Despite the extra I reckon it still saved me time.

I was knackered by the time I finally reached the finish, some 1 hour and 43 minutes later. Still can't quite get my head around the fact that I ran hard, made few mistakes and still took bloody ages - doh. Going to sleep well tonight.... Oh, and the achilles feels a little sore but I don't think it's anything to be too concerned about.

No comments:

Post a Comment