Friday, March 15, 2013

Now I'm A Little Scared

I think tomorrow's route might be a touch ambitious.... At 38km with 1,700m of ascent it won't be out of the question but then when you factor in the terrain which is going to be mostly rough and unforgiving it might be too much too soon. I reckon the terrain effect could add on another 5k in terms of effort. I need to make a sensible decision on things in the morning. If it looks iffy on the weather front I will re-evaluate and plump for something less daunting. Then again I've nothing else planned so I could afford to be out there all day as long as I take plenty of kit....

So will the 24 miles and 5,700 feet scare me away? Quite possibly! Anyway, here's my planned route...

The intention is to run clock-wise starting from the Storey Arms
and heading up to Bwlch Duwynt first and then onwards....